Access Statement for The Green Dragon at Lavington
The Green Dragon is a 17th century public house situated on the main High Street of the large Wiltshire village of Market Lavington. The pub is fully licensed and provides meals and sells alcohol and other refreshments. The pub also has four bed and breakfast rooms, providing accommodation for up to six guests. Due to the age of the building, only one of the rooms is en-suite and the rooms are not suitable for guests with severe mobility problems. There is also a small skittle alley/function room with disabled access and a fairly large beer garden which, though slightly unlevel can be accessed by wheelchair.
• Bookings can be made by phone, 01380813235 or email email@example.com, by text 07974713235 or online at our website www.greendragonlavington.co.uk. To use the online booking facility you will need to have cookies enabled on your computer and a credit or debit card. Access statement can be emailed or posted to you
• The nearest main line station is Westbury, though Chippenham and Salisbury are fairly close and there are buses from Salisbury to West Lavington about 2 miles away. There are smaller stations at Pewsey, Melksham and Trowbridge. A regular bus (X72) goes from Bath to Market Lavington via Devizes and the bus stop is about 500 meters from the pub. Several taxi firms operate in the area and some have accessible taxis. Numbers can be obtained on request, fares from Devizes to Market Lavington are about £15-20 but this should be verified at time of booking.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is available at the rear of the pub, none are designated disabled but if you wish us to reserve a space for any reason, please contact us. There are additional free parking bays opposite the pub on the street and in the Market Place. If you need assistance with luggage or getting from your car to the entrance, this can be arranged on request. The surface of the car park is gravel, but there are several uneven areas which need to be taken into account.
• If we are closed when you arrive please call 01380813235 or 07974723285.
• There is a door bell on the green door marked 'staff entrance', which can be rung out of hours. Once you have booked in you will have a key so you can come and go as you wish.
Main Entrance & Reception
• We have a main front entrance on the High Street and also an entrance with sloped access with handrail at the rear of the pub where the car park is situated. There is also a slope into the main bar area from here. There is a wide fire escape door on the front of the pub which can be opened from inside to make access to wheelchairs easier. Bed and breakfast guests need to make themselves known at the bar and they will be asked to complete a registration document, you will be shown to your room and help with luggage etc can be given if required.
• There is also a residents' door which is accessed with the key provided. There are two steps here 15 cm each and a step over the door frame.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• There is a flight of 12 stairs up to the bed and breakfast accommodation. There is a hand rail part of the way and towards the top of the stairs they are a little bit narrower and uneven.
Public Areas - WC
• On the ground floor, there are two ladies' toilets, a disabled toilet and a gents. One ladies is situated at the top area of the bar, there are two steps up to this area and there is a large step down into the toilet room. The disabled toilet is situated in the lobby area at the rear of the pub, by the sloped entrance. It is large enough to accommodate a helper as well as wheelchair. It has a moveable handrail. The gents' toilet has four urinals and one cubicle. There is a condom machine in this area.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
• The bar is separated into three main areas and a function room/skittle alley as well as a large beer garden. The restaurant seats about 22 covers in the main area and a further 10 in the 'snug'. The upper area will seat about 24 and is available for use for large groups. (This area is up two steps on both sides)
• There is a laundry in Devizes and also items can be collected from Shrewton steam laundry. In an emergency, we should be able to launder and dry some items for guests.
• There are several shops in the village, including a pharmacy, post office and small general store. Devizes has a good shopping centre.
• There is a leisure centre in Devizes with a gym, pool and sauna.
There is a large amount of games and toys in the residents' lounge, darts, skittles and pool can be played in the bar.
• There is a beer garden with a petanque piste, boules are available from the bar. We also have several outdoor games for the use of our customers.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• The skittle alley/function room can be hired for small events, catering for about 35 people
• There are four guest bedrooms on the first floor. None of these will be suitable for wheelchair users due to the steep and narrow steps to the first floor. People with difficulty walking may also find it unsuitable due to the distances between bedrooms and bathrooms and the various areas with steps.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• The bathroom for the en-suite room is along a short corridor. It has a bath with shower attachment and basin plus WC. The other facilities for the other three rooms are a bathroom with a bath with shower attachment and a basin. There is a separate WC and shower room. There is a small step up to the WC and bigger steps up into the shower. (12cm and 16cm) The door to the shower is quite narrow (40cm approx)
• The fire escape from the en-suite room is via a small staircase which leads through the pub. It has a secret door on the other side and cannot be opened from the bar.
• The other guests will need to evacuate via the main stairs and assembly points are either the car park behind the pub or the market place, depending on access.
• The pub has a non-smoking policy throughout.
• Mobile networks are available in the village
FREE WI-FI IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE PUB AT MOST TIMES.
• Dogs are allowed in the public bars and rooms and water can be provided. There is a water bowl at the back of the pub, if it needs filling please inform us!
• If you have any special foods or medicines which need storing, please ask at the kitchen. Soya milk is available on request.
Please check our online menus for allergy advice
• Address: 26-28 High Street, Market Lavington, SN10 4AG
• Telephone: 01380813235
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.greendragonlavington.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Monday - Sunday 9am -12 am. Food available from 9 am till 2 pm and 5.30 pm - 9 pm, 7 days a week.
• To offer 4 addtional en-suite rooms by re-furbishing outbuildings to create twin rooms, a family room and a fully accessible room with disabled facilities. The carparking will be increased to include a dedicated disabled parking place.