At the Green Dragon we are committed to working in a sustainable way.
We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this:
• Reducing the amount of waste we create
• Reusing and recycling where possible
• Using green cleaning materials,
• Encouraging wildlife to our garden
• Monitoring energy consumption and finding ways to reduce usage
• Using local suppliers where possible
• Joining the green tourism business scheme
• Using low energy bulbs and rechargeable batteries
• Raising awareness in and encouraging participation from employees
• Asking guests and customers to help us by being responsible visitors
Responsible visitor charter
Be a responsible visitor – things you can do to help save the planet
• Save energy – switch off lights that are not in use and close windows when the heating is on
• Give the car a rest –leave the car behind, if only for one day. Details of local walks and public transport as well as cycle hire can be found in the visitor packs
• Reduce, reuse and recycle- avoid overly packaged goods and say no to carrier bags. Please leave any items for recycling – newspapers, bottles etc next to your bin for us to recycle.
• Be water wise- please use water wisely. Don’t overfill your kettle, turn the tap off when brushing your teeth and adhere to our towel policy by leaving towels for washing on the floor or in the bath.
• Respect nature- look after our area and wildlife by not littering and using footpaths and bridleways responsibly. Follow the country code.
And most importantly have a great stay, we would love you to come back
We use Stalbridge Linen for our room linen - link to their environment policy : Stalbridge linen environmental policy